That being said, here are some tips to help you have a green Halloween!
- Make your costumes from things you have around the house. Think old sheets, pipe cleaners, old toys, etc.
- Shop at Goodwill or a thrift store to create a recycled costume.
- Decorate your house with gourds, pumpkins, pine cones and other items found in nature to reduce plastic.
- Make spider webs from string instead of buying them in a bag.
- Buy faire trade chocolate.
- Trick-or-treat with a canvas, reusable bag.
- Give preference given to locally grown or made goods. For reasons why visit this post
- Buy non-food items are made from Earth friendly materials such as sustainably harvested wood or recycled plastic
- Buy items contains as little packaging as possible, less plastic, etc.
- Buy what's in season, it reduces the length and energy the food travels.
- Most importantly, if you can go without – do! Nothing could be greener than focusing on people rather than things.